Christmas Gift Ideas For When You're Broke
Sometimes, despite the generosity in our hearts, our finances don't allow us to give as many gifts during the Christmas season as we would like. This can feel a bit disheartening, but there are actually so many thoughtful gifts you can give that don't cost a ton of money. A skinny wallet doesn't have to mean a lackluster season of giving - here are some of my favorite Christmas gift ideas for when funds are low.
- Make a handmade gift, like a knitted scarf or scented candle
- Offer to help out with any chores or errands the person hates doing
- Cook someone their favorite meal
- Create a "coupon" booklet, and they can redeem coupons for special favors and rewards whenever they want (some examples would be a movie night, a back massage, do a daily task for them that they usually have to do, etc.)
- Offer to babysit so the couple can have a fun, kid-free evening
- Use your skills (photography, sewing, knitting, organization, etc.) to assist someone else
- A great gift idea for someone elderly is to help them out with yard work or something strenuous - offer to shovel their driveway, wash their car, or clean up after their pet
- Speaking of pets, another great idea is to pet-sit for someone if you know they'll be out of town for the holidays
- Create a mood-specific playlist, like "Early Morning Reading" or "In The Gym"
- If you know how to cook something special, like banana bread or raspberry preserves, you could whip up little bundles of goodies for everyone on your list (check Pinterest for cute ideas on how to wrap and package your home baked goods)
- Create a photo book of all your favorite memories with the recipient
- Put together a year-long advent calendar where they get to open a new card each month that includes some sort of special event or prize
- Fill a jar with inspirational quotes and encouraging reminders, and the recipient can pick one out of the jar every time they need a pick-me-up
- Compile all of your favorite recipes into a little DIY cookbook
- Make some homemade beauty products, like sugar scrubs, bath bombs, or facial sprays
- Write a heartfelt letter letting the other person know how much you appreciate them and cherish them in your life
What are some inexpensive gift ideas you'd add to this list?