At the beginning of September, I made the big move from Blogger to Squarespace. It took a lot more effort and work that I originally planned, but was well worth it in the end. Since then, I've had a lot of people ask me what my tips are for making the move. Honestly, I went into it completely blind. I had signed up for the free trial Squarespace offers and played around with the platform a little bit, but I really had no clue what I was getting myself in to. Luckily, I found a whole collection of helpful guides and tutorials from different bloggers, and they really helped me make the change pretty seamlessly. Today, I thought I would share all of the best guides I found on how to move your blog to Squarespace, as well as a few reasons why I made the switch.
- So You Want To Move Your Blog To Squarespace? by From Roses
- From Blogger To Squarespace: The 13 BEST Tips For A Successful Transition by Living My Someday
- Moving Platforms: Blogger to Squarespace by Bookish Types
- Transferring Your Blog To Squarespace: What You Need To Know by A Brand Of Holly
- Moving Your Blog To Squarespace Made Easy by Jen Carrington
- Blogging With Squarespace by Elle & Co.
- A Step-By-Step Guide For Choosing The Right Squarespace Template by Elle & Co.
- Using The Style Editor To Customize Your Squarespace Site by Elle & Co.
The main reason why I switched over to Squarespace is because I wanted full creative control over my site. When I was using Blogger, more often than not I would have to spend hours researching and learning html code just to add certain design or organizational elements to my blog. With Squarespace, they have nearly everything you could want already built in, and you just design everything using "building blocks", which allow you so many options when designing and setting up your site.
I also went with Squarespace because their platform allows me to set up a fully-functioning retail page that is directly tied to my blog (this is what I'll be using for my stock photo and ebook shop). Again, super user-friendly and way easier than Blogger. The initial move took a lot of work, but it was worth every moment just to finally have a blogging platform that actually makes it a breeze to create content.
Are you thinking about moving your blog to Squarespace (or have you already made the switch)?