Learning how to set goals has become such a huge part of my life over the past few years. I used to always tell myself “oh this needs to be done” and “that needs to be accomplished”, but I never actually got around to doing anything. A couple years ago, I decided to start living with intention and began getting serious about what I wanted to achieve in life. I’ve set goals for myself and this blog, both big and small, every month for the last year or two. Over that time, I’ve kind of learned what works best for me when it comes to goal-setting, so I thought I would share a few of my tips and tricks.
How To Set + Achieve Goals
- Write every goal down, big or small
- Decide what you really want to accomplish – remember, don’t put too much pressure on yourself by setting unrealistic goals, but definitely give yourself a bit of a challenge
- Come up with a timeline for when you would like each goal to be accomplished
- Break your goals up into small, manageable steps that you can reach easily
- Create a little incentive by rewarding yourself every time you achieve a goal
- Make sure to celebrate every accomplishment you make, even if it’s a small thing – all of those small goals will add up to big ones, so they’re all equally important
- Always be prepared for what your next goal is, or for what steps need to be taken to achieve the goal you’re currently working towards
- Get into the habit of brainstorming, planning, and scheduling
- Always have your goals in mind, and live a life geared towards reaching them
- Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed with what you’re working towards – take baby steps if you need to, they’re still going to take you in the direction you need to go
Do you have any little tricks for setting and achieving goals?