Happy June! Also, long time, no see. May was a pretty crazy month, as I’m sure you can tell from the severe lack of blog posts. Thankfully work and life has finally calmed down, and I’m incredibly excited to be back to a regular posting schedule. I’ve got big plans for June! Last month, I was feeling really stuck (both in work and just life in general). I thought maybe it was just your typical bought of burn out, but after doing a bit of soul searching and praying, it dawned on me that I was in need of a life change. For the past few months, I’ve just been kind of “going through the motions” and doing just enough to get by. I think I’ve been getting bored with my current daily routine, and it took me until now to realize it. As soon as I started thinking about making some big changes, I got incredibly excited and have found a renewed sense of motivation.
This summer is going to be really exciting! I’m working hard at paying off debts and saving up for a car, and will hopefully have a new set of wheels by the end of the summer. This is a big deal for me because I haven’t had a car in a few years due to having a fear of driving (because of some wrecks I was in a long time ago…it’s a long story), but it’s something I’m getting over and I’m really excited to have a mode of transportation. Then, I’ll be moving into my own apartment again this fall. I’m mostly putting it off until the weather cools back down because I hate moving in the heat, but I’m also waiting until I have a car so this time living on my own will be a lot easier. I’m getting ahead of myself though – let’s focus on my goals for this month.
- Continue paying off any credit card debt
- Continue saving up for a car
- Stick to my shopping ban so goals #1 and #2 can happen
- Spend an afternoon at the local library
- Go get gelato downtown
- Visit the farmers market each week
- Find a healthy summer drink from Starbucks (because green tea frappuccinos have way too many calories even though they’re freaking delicious)
- Research cars to find out which brand/model will be the best for my money
- Start blogging daily again
- Share a new “get ready with me” on my Instagram story
- Shoot some new stock photos for my shop
Do you have any exciting goals for the new month?