One of my big goals for this year is to focus on my health. We’re only a week into 2018, but I’ve already made some great lifestyle changes that I feel I can actually stick to. Over the years, I’ve found that making small lifestyle changes over a period of time is what works best for me when trying to live healthier. If you’re trying to make some healthy changes in your life this year, here are the ones that are especially easy to commit to.
Healthy Lifestyle Changes You Can Actually Stick To This Year
- Drink a glass of ice cold water as soon as you wake up
- Find ways to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet (smoothies and salads are great ways to do this)
- Try to workout 3 times a week, and pick things that you have fun doing, like dancing, yoga, aerobics, or jogging.
- Add fresh fruit and herbs to your ice water to jazz it up and make it more fun to drink
- When snacking, reach for whole foods like nuts, fruits, and veggies instead of snack chips and cookies
- Reserve indulgences like desserts or fast food for rare, special occasions (don’t focus on limiting or denying yourself, instead focus on finding a healthy balance)
- Reach for herbal teas or fruit-infused water instead of sodas or concentrated fruit juices
- Create a playlist of your favorite upbeat music to listen to while you’re working out – it helps make the time go by faster
- Take multivitamins every day
- Give yourself a little bit of time each day for some peaceful meditation or to just sit with your thoughts and focus on your breathing
- When you get a sweet tooth, try some fresh fruit with fat-free whip cream or nut butter, or a small bowl of granola with some almond milk
- Try to get out and walk more, even if it’s just around your neighborhood or by parking further away from your destination
- Eat some sort of leafy green vegetable ever day
- Use herbs and spices in place of salt when seasoning your food
- Allow yourself guilt-free indulgences every now and then so that you don’t feel deprived
- Remove any junk foods and unhealthy snacks from your house – out of sight, out of mind
What are some healthy lifestyle changes you’ve found easy to stick to?