There is all kinds of beauty advice out there on the internet. I learn new tips and tricks almost daily thanks to sites like Pinterest and the beauty blogs I read. I’ve learned over time to not expect every tip to work for me – it’s very subjective, and some things that work for one person might not work for me. Today I thought I’d share the beauty tips that have worked for me, and that I’d be a little lost without.
The Beauty Tips That I Swear By
- Regularly clean your pillowcases so you’re not sleeping on built up oil and dirt from your hair and skin
- Taking the time to use a really good base coat and top coat actually is important
- If you have dry skin, always use a moisturizer before applying makeup
- Keep your face mists in the fridge for an extra refreshing skin treat
- Use your ring finger when applying eye cream or blending out concealer under the eyes – it’s much more gentle and is less likely to cause wrinkles
- Mascara really needs to be thrown away after 3 months because there is such a high chance of getting an eye infection
- Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove any extra buildup in your hair from hairsprays and dry shampoos
- Its better to invest in quality skincare products so you don’t have to use as much makeup
- Applying a little bit of highlighter to your cupid’s bow will make your lips appear fuller
- If you suffer from frizzy, dry hair or static, invest in a good hair oil or serum to help with flyaways
- Neutral makeup is always a safe bet because it looks flattering on anyone, for any occasion.
- For dewy-looking skin, use highlighters and cream makeup products
- Investing in high quality products, though sometimes more expensive, will make you happier than just purchasing whatever is being hyped or on sale at the moment
What are some beauty tips that you swear by?