Tomorrow marks the first official day of autumn, so I thought it would be fitting to share a little “bucket list” of fun things to do this season. I, like most bloggers it seems, am a huge fan of fall. There’s just something so nostalgic and cozy about this season…perhaps it’s the combination of falling leaves, cool weather, chunky sweaters, and spicy candles that makes my heart so happy. To celebrate the arrival of fall, here are 13 activities that really are essential for the perfect autumn season.
- Dive into a super creepy book (some of my personal favorites are And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and IT by Stephen King)
- Make some homemade baked goods that involve a lot of pumpkin and cinnamon and brown sugar
- Have a scary movie marathon, complete with your favorite snacks and a blanket to cover your eyes with
- Visit a local farm to buy pumpkins and go apple picking
- Take a walk through the woods to admire the falling leaves
- Give yourself a matching mani/pedi in your favorite fall shade
- Go candle shopping so you can have some cozy scents to fill your home
- Make a fresh batch of hot apple cider
- Carve/Decorate some pumpkins for your front porch, and bake the seeds for a tasty snack
- Have a bonfire night with friends and make smores
- Go to a local college football game
- Decorate your home for autumn
- Visit some haunted houses and corn mazes for Halloween
What are some things you’re looking forward to doing this fall?