A few months ago, I shared all of the beauty lessons I’ve learned so far in my twenties. You guys seemed to really relate to the post, so I thought it would be fun to do a “skincare edition” today. I’ve become really passionate about skincare over the past few years, and have learned some incredibly helpful lessons that have helped improve my skin and take the stress out of my beauty routines.
Skincare Lessons Learned In My Twenties
- Take care of your skin now so you don’t have to do as much damage control in the future
- A good skincare routine means you don’t have to wear as much makeup
- The way your skin behaves is greatly determined by what you put into your body
- It is so incredibly important to wash your makeup off at night before bed
- Never use anything with alcohol in it
- Natural ingredients and DIY treatments are way better for our skin than anything with a bunch of chemicals in it
- There is such a thing as too much exfoliation
- Speaking of exfoliation, chemical is always better than physical
- Learning your skin type will save you a lot of stress (and money) in the long run
- If you ever accidentally burn your skin by trying out too many products or using the wrong ones, a washcloth soaked in cold milk is a lifesaver
- SPF is just as important as everyone says it is
- When deciding where to save and splurge when it comes to beauty products, always splurge on skincare
- A solid skincare routine can give you better results than a full face of makeup
- Wash your pillowcases like crazy to avoid breakouts from oil and bacteria that get on the fabric from your hair
- Aloe vera is an essential staple for every skincare cupboard
- Masks are a great way to treat your skin and add a little fun to your usual routine
- Be gentle with your skin – never tug, pull, stretch, or scrub too much
- How your skin is acting is a great indicator for your overall health – breakouts could mean too much sugar, dryness might mean you’re not drinking enough water, redness could be a clue that you forgot to wear SPF, etc.
What are your best skincare lessons?