The weather is getting warmer, which means I’m starting to think about road trips and summer vacations. Traveling to a new exotic locale is always a blast, but sometimes our wallets just don’t have the same wanderlust in mind as we do. When this happens, I always have the perfect remedy in mind – a staycation! If you’ve never heard of a staycation, it’s basically when you stay in your home town/city and enjoy it like you’re on vacation. And I mean do it up – stay in a nice hotel, order room service, visit the spa…the whole nine yards. If you’ve never been on a staycation before, here are some things you definitely have to do on your first one.
10 Things To Do On Your First Staycation
- Make reservations at a hotel that you’ve always wanted to stay at
- Eat a delicious meal at a fancy restaurant (get all dressed up beforehand too)
- Pretend to be a tourist in your own city – take a tour around your town and make sure to hit all of the silly roadside attractions
- Visit an area of town that you’re not very familiar with and just explore
- Sleep in super late just because you can
- Order room service late at night and get something totally indulgent
- Have a total relaxation day at the hotel’s spa – no cellphones or distractions allowed
- Plan a glamorous night out on the town with friends
- Visit your local zoo, museum, or amusement park
- Spend a day visiting places/attractions around your town that you’ve never been too before
Have you ever taken a staycation before?