Life can be hard sometimes, and day-to-day struggles can easily put us into a melancholy that can be hard to break out of. For a creative, few things are worse than a lack of inspiration, positivity, and motivation. I often get asked how I stay inspired and keep a positive outlook, so today I thought I would answer that question and share my tips.
How To Stay Positive + Inspired
- Surround yourself with what aesthetically pleases you
- Always find the positive (aka the “silver lining”) of every situation, good or bad
- Every day, search out something new to inspire you (hello Pinterest)
- Keep a gratitude journal, and each night write down what you’re thankful for from the day
- Count your blessings
- Take some time each day to do something that brings you peace – Pray, meditate, relax, clear your mind, unplug from the internet, etc.
- Pamper yourself regularly
- Try something new, knowing that what matters is not the outcome, but the experience
- Create – it doesn’t matter what, just create something new
- Listen to some of your favorite upbeat music – I can always count on the Spice Girls for when I need some extra pep
- Read some of your favorite blogs/magazines/books for inspiration
- Have a long chat with that friend who is always super motivating and uplifting
- Watch some funny videos on Youtube or Vine
- Learn something new
What do you do when you’re struggling with staying positive and inspired?