Now that the holidays are over, there’s a bit of a gloom in the air. Christmas lights are packed away, schedules have slowed, and repetitive snowy days means there is definitely a lack of sunshine. All of this combined results in an abundance of gloomy days, which can be a total mood killer. Instead of allowing this time of the year to be overly blue, I’ve got a list of fun things to do to save the day and put you in a more positive mindset.
27 Things To Do On A Gloomy Day
- Take a warm bubble bath using all of your favorite products (this is a great excuse for a trip to Lush!)
- Start a new book you’ve been meaning to read
- Thoroughly clean your home
- Turn on your favorite playlist and dance around like crazy!
- Rearrange and redecorate a room in your apartment/house
- Spend the day at your favorite coffee shop with a good book or your laptop
- Try a new hobby or craft that you’ve been eyeing on Pinterest
- Cook something warm and cozy, like a big pot of soup or fresh pumpkin bread
- Wash all of your makeup brushes and organize your makeup so it’s nice and clean for you the following day
- Spend some time reading the Bible and journaling your favorite verses
- Watch one of your favorite funny movies or tv shows
- Get dolled up and take some new selfies for your social media profiles
- Call a friend or loved one and have a nice long chat
- Pick out a fun workout video on Youtube and get your blood pumpin’!
- Invite some gals over for a fun girls night (wine and Chinese takeout is a definite plus)
- Spend the afternoon seeing a new movie or two at the theater
- Visit a local art museum or aquarium
- Meet up with a girlfriend for lunch and a few hours of thrifting
- Take the initiative to learn something new, whether it’s a language you’ve always wanted to speak or how to code a specific design element for your blog (you can find youtube tutorials for literally everything, plus it’s always fun picking up a new trait)
- Give your face a full spa day, including mud masks, exfoliation, and nourishing serums
- Spend some time journaling about your thoughts and concerns for the day
- Tackle your “To Do” list! (All of those things you’ve been putting off? Time to do them!)
- Update your social media profiles, and unfollow any accounts that you’re really not enjoying (be honest with yourself here)
- Light your favorite candle, put on some calming music, and just relax for awhile
- Get caught up on your favorite Youtube channels
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers
- Get lost in a video game for a few hours (especially if it was one that you loved as a child)
How do you beat a gloomy day?