This post easily could’ve been titled “Things I Wish I Had Known As A Teen”. During that period of my life, I barely had any makeup knowledge. Since the whole subject was so daunting to me, it wasn’t until years later that I actually started experimenting with makeup and beauty products (and became a little obsessed, haha). I wish I would’ve had someone to help me back then, and my hope is that I’m able to help some of my younger readers today.
10 Beauty Tips For Teen Girls
- Less is always more, especially when it comes to makeup and perfumes.
- If you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize morning and night. Find a good moisturizer that’s made specifically for oily skin.
- Pick your best feature and use your makeup to accentuate it. If you have big beautiful eyes, try a smokey look or liner and a volumizing mascara. Pouty lips? Try a fun lipstick shade or a super glossy lip gloss.
- Use your fingers to pat concealer on breakouts and imperfections rather than rubbing it in for a flawless, natural look.
- Shave your legs at the end of your shower to help prevent cuts. Also, you can use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. You’ll have a smooth shave and really soft legs after.
- Drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep are both huge ways to help your skin and hair look healthy and radiant. No products needed.
- It’s so important to remove all makeup at night, especially if you deal with acne-prone skin.
- It’s also super important to keep your lips moisturized. Applying lipstick on chapped lips will only highlight how dry they are. Always keep a good lip balm on hand and apply it several times throughout the day, especially in the winter when your skin dries out easier.
- Always start the day off with a freshly washed and moisturized face. This will help your makeup apply smoothly and evenly, and will also help keep pores unclogged and small.
- Remember that there is no makeup or beauty product needed to show how beautifully perfect you are. True beauty comes from within, and how beautiful your inner person is is all that matters. Just because other girls you know have started wearing makeup does not mean you have to if you don’t feel comfortable doing so yet. Trust me, there is plenty of time for all that. Enjoy being young and carefree as long as you can! 🙂
What are some beauty tips you wish you had known as a teenager?