I was introduced to Paul Arden’s books a year or two ago, and reading them has seriously changed the way I think about my business and brand. He has a vast knowledge of success and how to achieve your goals with ease. The thing I love most about his advice is that it’s so straightforward – when you read his books, 99% of what he says makes so much sense, you’re left sitting there thinking “Duh! Why didn’t I think of things like that?”. When it comes to my blog (and working for myself in general), there are certain things I’ve learned from Paul Arden that have helped me immensely.
- The bigger the dream, the better
- Always go the extra mile
- It’s never too late to reach your potential
- Embrace criticism – it helps you improve
- Don’t be afraid to share what you know
- Stop dreaming, start working
- A fresh perspective can change everything
- Knowing your target audience is a huge step in the right direction
- There is nothing wrong with taking yourself seriously – no one else will if you don’t
- Just because something doesn’t exist doesn’t mean it can’t
- Instead of trying to come across as someone that has everything together, just be honest and real
- If you want people to get invested in you, you have to get invested in them
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone, again and again and again
- Rejection is only an opportunity to do better next time
Have you read either of Paul Arden’s books? Which one was your favorite?