I’ve been incredibly blessed to be able to work for myself as a beauty blogger, eBook author, and content creator. At the beginning of March, I was able to quite my day job to run AGO full time. Going into this, I knew that there would be highs and lows, but you really don’t know what it’s going to be like being your own boss until you take the leap and do it for real. Here are some of the things I’ve learned over the past few months that I think are incredibly helpful to know about working for yourself…
- Getting into the habit of keeping a dedicated budget will save you so much time and stress in the long run.
- Be smart with your money, and always save more than you spend.
- While staying in your pajamas is one of the perks of working from home, you’ll be much more productive when you get up, dressed, and ready for your day (it’s okay to still wear slipper though, haha).
- Create a set work schedule that you stick to every day – not only will this help you with productivity, but it also keeps you accountable and less likely to slack off.
- There are times where it can get tough and money will be tight, but the fulfillment and joy from doing what you love makes it all worthwhile.
- Work really hard, but don’t forget to let yourself rest as well. All hustle, all the time will burn you out quick.
- Don’t stop dreaming big now that you’ve finally made the switch to working for yourself. In fact, now’s the time to dream bigger.
- Having an organized work system is absolutely crucial, so get into the habit of writing everything down and sticking to a schedule for big projects.
- Being your own boss really means you have to step up as the boss – there’s no one there to keep you on track, so being strict with yourself when it comes to your work is super important.
- It’s just as amazing and fun as I thought it would be 🙂
Are you a work-from-home #girlboss? What are some things you’ve learned since making the switch?