Apartment living definitely has it’s perks, but one drawback? Getting in a proper workout without driving your neighbors insane. This is something I’ve been struggling with for the past few weeks, but I’ve finally come up with a list of fun ways to break a sweat without bothering anyone that lives around you.
- Take a walk/jog/run around your complex
- Do sprints up and down the stairs in your building
- Swim laps in the complex’s pool
- Try a more quiet exercise like yoga or pilates
- Search youtube for apartment-friendly workout routines
- Invest in some fuss-free workout equipment, like adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, or a medicine ball
- Use the stairs in your building to do things like calf raises, chair lunges, and modified push ups
- Take a bike ride around your neighborhood (great time for exploring if you recently moved to a new place)
- Participate in a heavy kettlebell workout – do a quick search via Pinterest for some great ideas
- If you have a dog, take them for regular walks so you both can get some exercise
- Try a walking-in-place workout DVD (I know that sounds totally silly, but they’re actually really good!)
- Invest in an aerial yoga hammock
What are your favorite workouts for apartment living?