Getting a great night of sleep is super important, not only for our mental state but also for our complexion. A lot of people have trouble with sleep though, and I think it all has to do with our pre-bedtime habits. Excessive stimulation in the evening causes our brains to have an extremely hard time shutting off for the night. If you want to be well-rested come morning, here are some things you should avoid before bed..
- Caffeinated beverages like coffee, tea, soda, and energy drinks
- Scary or action-packed movies
- Intense video games
- Drinking a ton of water
- Working on things that require a lot of thought and focus, like difficult homework or a big project
- Staring at a bright screen like your phone or computer
- Eating spicy, heavily seasoned foods, which can cause heartburn and disturb sleep
- Eating a big meal
- Consuming a lot of sugar
- Lots of alcohol
- A rigorous workout
- Arguments with a friend or a loved one (pretty much anything that would cause you to get super emotional and distressed)
What things do you try to avoid before bed?