Nothing is worse than waking up only to realize that you’ve got 20 minutes until you’re supposed to be at work or your next class. Mornings (and sometimes afternoons) like this are when time is most important. How you use it decides whether you walk in late and looking frazzled, or walk in looking like you’ve had hours and hours to get ready.
5 TIPS FOR 5 MINUTE MAKEUP
- Have your products organized. Keep your makeup stash organized and all in one place (like your bathroom, dresser, or desk), so you can easily grab the items you need without having to search your entire purse or apartment. Organize makeup by item, keep makeup brushes clean and stored in a jar or vase, and don’t wait until the last second to restock essentials – finding out 2 minutes before you’re supposed to walk out the door that you just used the last of the eyeliner and you only have one eye done is not going to be fun.
- Simplify your base. Instead of applying moisturizer, primer, foundation, and concealer, opt for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Both are hydrating while offering a great amount of coverage, so you can get the same results in just one step.
- Use bronzer as both a contour AND a blush. Bronzer is one of my favorite makeup products because it can be so versatile depending on how you use it. Build it up in the hollows of your cheeks and on your temples for a bit of a contour, and dust a little on the apples of your cheeks to add a bit of color to your face – this way you’ll look more alive and no one will be able to tell that you feel like a zombie Monday morning. 🙂
- Less is more. When time is of the essence, trying to create the perfect cat eye or blending out your crease color really isn’t a priority. Instead, ditch the eye shadows, primers, and liquid liners, and opt for a kohl liner and some mascara. Line your waterline and tightline, and apply a few coats of a lengthening mascara to give the appearance of bigger eyes and fuller lashes while taking no time at all.
- Go with a tint. Perfectly applying lip liner and lipstick (don’t get any on your teeth!) can take up way too much time. Instead, using a tinted lip balm will not only give your lips hydration but will also give them a nice, natural wash of color that is perfect for school or work.
- Bonus Tip! Forget trying to line and fill in brows in a timely manner. Use tinted brow gel instead for quick, no fuss brows that look natural and groomed.
How do you do 5 minute makeup?