One of my favorite things about January is that it’s such a peaceful, calm month. October through December is usually so chaotic, what with several different holidays, plus birthdays and traveling. It’s nice having a month of simplicity after it’s all over, to rest up and recover. Here are some of my favorite ways to practice self-care after the holidays are through..
- After all of the rich, decadent foods from the past few months, I find it super beneficial to cut out sugar and eat as many fresh foods as possible. This is a great way to detox your system, and help get in the essential nutrients your body may be lacking.
- On that same note, make sure to drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and feeling good.
- Get moving! Find ways to be a little more active every day. It may not sound like much fun, but the exercise will help lift your mood.
- Allow yourself to take some time to relax. The last few months have been so busy – don’t feel guilty for taking a little time off to focus on you.
- Try out a new hobby that’s just for fun! Crafts like crocheting and knitting are very relaxing, as is scrapbooking and art journaling.
- Take some time to pray and/or meditate each day – either first thing in the morning or right before bed are the best times for me, but do what suits your lifestyle.
- De-clutter and organize – two of my favorite things to do to help clear my mind and feel like I’ve got better control over my life.
How do you recoup after the holidays?