If you’re a newer reader of mine, you might not know that I used to write a lifestyle blog called “Miss Indie”. Without getting into all of the gritty details and old drama, the blog became a total failure. I made all of the mistakes you could possibly make, and learned some invaluable lessons along the way.
- You don’t have to do everything under the sun.
- Also, you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.
- It’s okay to be inspired by other bloggers. It’s not okay to copy exactly what someone does and just regurgitate it onto your blog.
- You have got to be confident in yourself in order to be successful at anything.
- It’s important to try new things, new styles, and experiment in order to find what really works for you.
- You don’t have to fall into a certain mold or “type” in order to be a successful blogger. It’s okay to just be yourself.
- When it comes to content – quality over quantity.
- You will definitely make some mistakes along the way (that’s just how life goes). The important thing is to learn from those mistakes and become a better person because of them. If you ignore them like they’re no big deal, guess what? They’ll keep happening.
- Blogging can be anything you want it to be; there are no limits or restrictions.
- Less is always more.
- You don’t have to be everywhere online. From a blogging standpoint, it’s better (and less stressful for you) to be choosey and only put your focus on the social platforms that work best with your brand.
Have you ever had a blog/business/endeavor fail? What did you learn?