how I’ve grown my Instagram following a few weeks ago, I had a few people ask me about photo editing and which apps I use. So, today I thought I’d share all of the apps I use to edit my photos every day (and what specifically I use them for).
- Afterlight – When I’ve taken a picture on my phone, I’ll upload it to Afterlight for editing. I love this app because it has so many options and filters. If I had to choose one app to edit my photos with for the rest of my life, it would be this one. 🙂 I usually adjust the Brightness level, add a little Contrast and Saturation, and up the Sharpness. Occasionally I’ll use a little bit of a filter, but most of the time I’ll skip them.
- PicFrame – This is the app I use to make photo collages (for Instagram, not my blog). It’s cool because it offers different layouts and you can even cutout photos into shapes.
- A Beautiful Mess – Sometimes after editing in Afterlight, I like to pop my photos into the ABM app and add a fun filter. My two favorites are Poppy and Florence.
- VSCOcam – This is another app that has some fantastic photo editing options and filters. If I’m not using Afterlight to edit, I’m using this.
- Studio – This is my favorite app for adding any text or graphics to my Instagram photos. They have so many different style packs to chose from, so your photos don’t end up looking like everyone else’s.
- PartyParty – I use this app mostly for creating fun little .gifs, but you can also create photostrips and collages.
- Facetune – I love using this app to touch up my selfies on days where my skin looks particularly tired or spotty.
- Lumiè – This is the app I use to add pretty bokeh effects to my photos. They have so many different patterns and shapes to choose from, making it really fun to play around with.
What apps do you use to edit your Instagram photos?