Blogging is definitely one of my passions, but sometimes it’s difficult staying on task. It can be really easy to want to put off the more dull parts of working online (cough emails cough), and I’ll more often than not find myself wasting chunks of my time browsing through Pinterest or the “what’s new” section of Sephora instead of tackling more important tasks. I know I need those little breaks though in order to not feel burnt out throughout the day, so I’ve come up with a little list of ways to procrastinate while still being productive.
- Update social media
- Comment on other blogs
- Respond to comments on your blog
- Send a cheerful email to a blogger you admire and would like to connect with
- Check your profiles on all of your social media accounts and update them if necessary
- Pin some of your recent blog posts to Pinterest
- Heart and comment on photos you like on the popular page on Instagram
- Clean up your blog layout and get rid of any text or widgets that aren’t needed
- Organize your emails into labeled folders
- Tidy up your desk/work area
- Clean up your computer by getting rid of any unnecessary files or folders
- Gather up any errant receipts/important papers and get them organized into file folders
- Participate in a Twitter chat – check out #bbloggers, #fbloggers, #lbloggers, or #fblchat
- Search Google, Pinterest, and Bloglovin’ for posts on topics like improving photography, increasing traffic, creating quality content, etc.
- Create a to-do list for the rest of the day or tomorrow
- Brainstorm ideas for future posts
- Email some of your regular readers to let them know how much you appreciate them
What do you usually do when you’re procrastinating?
Blog Obsessed, for even more blog tips + 17 chapters packed full of useful information on how to grow your blog and take it to the next level!