This might be a surprising topic coming from a beauty blogger, but I think it’s important to feel confident enough in your own skin to go without makeup some days. This is something I’ve struggled with since high school, and have just started to feel comfortable enough in my skin to go out without wearing a full face of makeup. Just because you’re not wearing makeup does not mean that you can’t still make yourself look good. Here are 10 different things you can do to look fresh faced and presentable without the use of cosmetics:
- Get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water so your skin has a chance to naturally look bright and hydrated.
- Brush your hair every morning and night, and use products that help it stay shiny and smooth.
- Keep your teeth brushed and flossed (use a whitening toothpaste if you feel you need help fighting stains), and make sure to show off that smile to everyone you meet.
- Regularly exfoliate your lips with a bit of lip balm and sugar, and always make sure to apply a balm (tinted or sheer) several times a day for a healthy pout.
- Mix up your own rosewater facial mist for naturally dewy skin.
- Keep your nails clean, trimmed, and shaped, and use a cuticle oil to avoid cracks and hangnails.
- Groom your brows by plucking any stray hairs and trimming them so that they’re more manageable and keep their shape (you can also use a little bit of aloe vera gel to help keep wayward hairs in place).
- Use masks formulated for your specific skin concerns so that you’re more likely to have clear, radiant skin.
- Play around with cute accessories that work well with your style.
- Use cooling eye gels and moisturizers (try keeping them in the fridge!) to help wake your skin up in the mornings and battle redness and puffiness.
How do you make yourself look good without makeup?