I really don’t like those posts that say “you must do this, this, and this to succeed”. Everybody’s blogging journeys are so varied and different, it’s rare that what works for one person will work perfectly for another. That’s why I always try to write posts that are most focused on sharing advice and what’s worked for me instead of a list of “must dos”.
With all of that said, I’m going to be a bit hypocritical in today’s post. Now, hear me out before hitting the back button – this isn’t a list of things to help your blog become popular overnight, but there are a few things I think every blogger really should do in order to have a better chance at a successful blog (whatever success might mean to you in terms of blogging). This list is a little more geared towards new bloggers, but it might be helpful if you’re looking to improve upon your existing blog and take it to that next level.
10 Things You Should Do In Your First 6 Months Of Blogging
- Claim your blog on Bloglovin’
- Register your blog name on all social media platforms – try to register the same name (or similar names) on each platform so your readers can find you easily
- Purchase the domain name for your blog
- Create a detailed About Me page
- Create a Contact page or display some way for people to get in touch with you
- Create or purchase a mobile layout for your blog design (search for “responsive” designs via Google or Etsy)
- Decide on the style and “feel” of your blog – this way you will have an easier time coming up with content and branding yourself successfully
- Get into the habit of sharing your posts daily via social media (Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.)
- Update your email account with a signature that includes links to your blog and a few social media accounts
- Create an editorial calendar (or similar system) that works for you
Have you checked all of these things off your blogging to-do list?