How I Save Money Beauty Shopping
Being a beauty blogger (and just a beauty addict in general), it can be really easy to drop a lot of cash on the latest makeup releases and "must have" products. I've made a conscious effort this year to strictly reduce my shopping habits, and when I do make a purchase, I have to be as thrifty as possible. I've got a few tricks to saving money when shopping for makeup and beauty products, and I thought you guys might be interested in them too.
Ways I Save Money Beauty Shopping
- I always check out Retail Me Not for coupons, sales, and discount codes before making a purchase
- eBay usually has beauty products for drastically reduced prices - I get all of my Essie nail polishes on eBay for around $5 each (instead of $8 or $9 in stores)
- Blog sales, "shop my closet"s, and sites like Glambot are great places to find top brands for cheaper prices (just make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you're getting - also, make sure the makeup has been sanitized before you use it)
- Similarly, there are a lot of shopping apps where you can purchase gently used beauty products for a fraction of the regular price
- Ask for free samples when out makeup shopping (not every store does this, but many do)
- Trade makeup with a friend or family member
- Sign up for the free rewards cards that most stores offer, like Ulta and Sephora - this is a great way to earn points which usually are exchangeable for cash, and you'll also get special discounts and sales
- The 7 Day Test: When I want to buy a new product, I'll write it on my wishlist and then wait for seven days - if I still want to purchase it after the week is up, I'll go ahead and buy (this has saved me from so many impulse purchases and wasted money)
How do you save money when shopping?