First off, welcome to the new home of A Girl, Obsessed! Over the past 72-ish hours, I've been working tirelessly to move my blog from Blogger to Squarespace. I'm still fixing a few bugs here and there (feel free to shoot me an email if you notice anything amiss), but the majority of everything is moved over and I couldn't be happier. I'm thinking about writing a post about the whole experience - let me know if you guys would be interested!
Now, let's get into the topic of today's post! Blogging is one of the happiest parts of my life. I love being able to inspire and help others, and running AGO is seriously my most fulfilling creative outlet. It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. It can be really easy to get caught up in negativity, numbers, hurtful comments, comparison, and the overwhelm that running a full time blog entails. If you've been reading my big for awhile, you'll know that I don't like to focus on the bad. Here are some of the ways that I stay a happy blogger:
- Avoid places like forums, blogs, and chat sites that bash bloggers
- Don't go searching for what others are saying about you
- Train yourself to not obsess over all of the numbers (followers, views, statistics, etc.)
- Learn to let things go
- Stop comparing yourself to other bloggers
- Replace feelings of jealousy with excitement for other's success (there's plenty of room for all of us to make it)
- Remove any restrictions/expectations you may be placing on yourself so you can blog without stress
- Make it a habit of focusing on the good stuff - cheerful comments, making new friends, helping others, etc.
- If you're unhappy with something about your blog, change it
- Stay focused on the "why" behind your blog
Are you a happy blogger? How to you stay positive?