While beauty tips and tricks are always fun to write about, I think focusing on our natural beauty deserves just as much attention. A lot of people use makeup as a form of self expression (which is awesome), but knowing how to enhance your natural features is something that I think should be equally as important. I've been embracing a more simplified approach to makeup lately. As much as I love creating different looks, I've been enjoying just using minimal makeup the enhance my natural features. It feels so nice to be fresh faced and comfortable in my own skin, which has really helped with my self esteem. If you're interested in embracing your natural beauty, here are a few different things you can do that I've found to be helpful...
- Apply less makeup, and with a lighter hand
- Create a simple yet effective skincare routine that you stick to
- Groom and shape your brows
- Don't pick at any blemishes or spots
- Apply sunscreen and moisturizer every day
- Choose cosmetics in colors that are flattering to your complexion, hair color, and eye color
- Take care of your hair by not over-washing it and regularly using hair masks and conditioners
- Stick to a strict oral hygiene routine
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water
- Regularly exfoliate for glowing skin (both face and body)
- Work out several times a week to stay in shape and sweat out toxins
- Eat fruits and veggies high in healthy vitamins
- Go makeup-free every now and then to give your skin a break from wearing a full face of cosmetics
- Smile more!
- Use tinted moisturizers or BB creams in place of foundations when you can
- Get your beauty sleep (seriously)
- Learn to embrace simple makeup - brow gel, mascara, and tinted balm is all you really need most days
- Cut back on the products you use every day (remember, less is more)
How do you enhance your natural beauty?