Despite our best efforts to stay happy and positive, it's completely normal to have an "off" day every now and then. It's just a part of life. Waking up on the wrong side of the bed doesn't mean you have to let the whole day go to waste. Here are 14 cures for the average bad day that will help put you in a better mood and allow your day to end on a positive note.
- Call your best friend for a good rant to get things off your chest
- Write it all out in your journal or notebook
- Take a few hours to fully pamper yourself (either at a spa or at home)
- Go out for a jog, take a dance class, or play volleyball at the park with friends - anything that will get your heart rate up and your blood pumping
- Do something nice for someone in your life that doesn't get a lot of recognition
- Spend the evening cooking your favorite homemade meal
- Have the girls over for a fun sleepover (drinks and makeovers are a must!)
- Take a break from social media, and instead work on a craft or hobby that you've been eager to try
- Spend some time praying, meditating, or reading an uplifting book on personal development
- Do something "just for fun" that you really enjoy, like going to the movie theater or spending the evening playing video games
- Put on some relaxing music and practice yoga for an hour
- Go visit that coffee shop or bookstore you've always wanted to check out
- Call your mom
- Do something that will make you laugh like crazy (watching old episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway? on Youtube usually do the trick for me)
What works best to cure your bad days?