It can be really easy to get caught up in the fast pace of the blogging world. Being plugged in to what everyone else is doing via social media and sites like Bloglovin' can cause us to lose our focus if we're not careful. I think it's important to regularly remind ourselves of some things, in order to maintain our perspective and keep our focus.
Things To Remember When Blogging
- Nobody knows what they're doing 100% of the time - at one point or another, we've all had to "fake it 'til we make it"
- Nothing is set in stone; you can change and experiment as much as you like
- Just because you haven't seen it done yet doesn't mean it's not supposed to be done - maybe you're supposed to be the first person to do it
- There's enough room for all of us to succeed and thrive
- You will never reach a point where you stop learning and stop perfecting your skills
- It gets tough sometimes, but hard work will always pay off in the end
- It's not possible to run out of ideas for content, so don't worry about "using everything up"
- Be sociable and friendly - you will meet some amazing people this way
- Don't stand in your own way by giving yourself limitations and boundaries
- Create what works for you - don't feel like you have to follow someone else's example
- Share what you're truly passionate about
- Whenever you feel a case of self-doubt coming on, remember why you started blogging in the first place
- Don't keep doing something if you're not having fun with it
- It's more important to have 10 loyal readers than to have 1,000 one-time readers
- You have a voice, and you have something to share with the world
- Some things might now go according to plan, and other things might take off more than you ever expected
- You're supposed to be having fun (you wouldn't have started a blog if you hated blogging), so enjoy every moment
Do you have anything you'd add to this list?